Thursday, May 29, 2008

Settlement

We are getting settled into our house now. We spent the night here for the first time last night. It is crazy here. NO mirrors in the bathrooms. No closets in the rooms. The refrigerator is tiny. I guess that is why they call everything "wee" here. It is a wee refrigerator. And the washer/dryer combo is too funny for wee words. It is about the size of a dishwasher. We'll have to buy one though, because the owner didn't leave it in the house.

Elayna is running a fever. We'll probably bring her to the doctor today. She has been running fever since Sunday. I thought it was her teeth or a cold because her nose is running, but it makes me nervous with her urinary tract problem. Pray. And we'll keep you posted.

Yesterday,
David drove miles away to pickup a bed from a warehouse. Very expensive to buy a bed. The mattress is so cheap that the springs are almost visible on your skin when you wake up. I'm pretty sure that David had markings on his face this morning when we woke up. LOL

We had church last night. Well, some of us did. I stayed home with Elayna, and Ashley McFarland stayed home sick too. David played the guitar and taught the Bible study.

Shawna and I went shopping for hangers and food. The food here doesn't have as many preservatives. Therefore, you have to go shopping more often. Bread is definitely different. And they don't have Lil' Debbie! Yikes. I thought that I knew what bland was, but now I really know.

Will try and post pics later today. The neighbor here is so nice. He let us use his wireless connection info so that we wouldn't be without communication. We are still waiting for them to come and hook our phone up.

Lots of love!

5 comments:

Danan said...

Going through the adjustments....Believe it or not....you will cherish all these memories that you are making!
We will be praying with you for Alayna.
Love you guys!
Your Bogalusa Buddies...

ShirleyMc said...

I always knew we Americans fill up far too many closets with too many clothes! And the fewer preservatives you eat, the healthier you are - but, of course, I love my closets and the preservatives that mean I go to the grocery fewer times!

Brenda said...

Just found your blog. Am so excited that you all are settling in! Can't wait to hear more about the blessings coming to you all in Ireland! God bless - Sis. Brenda

Vicki said...

I think blogging all of this is wonderful. I have always tried to journal and it is neat years later reading your first few weeks in a new place. Hope the baby is ok. Let us know!

Whitnie Philippe said...

Hey Sis. Farah, Just got back from Jr. Camp(fun). I really like my new class @ church, not as much as yours though. Just wanted to let you know what was going on with me. I will pray for Alayna and all of you. I miss you very very much. Love, Whitnie