Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wow! How time flies.

Wednesday, we had very few people in church, but we had a really good Bible study about the different ways to study God's word and how important it is to study the word of God. And as always, we enjoyed coffee and tea with biscuits after church.

Thursday, we spent the day trying to buy a car. The bank closed at 3:30 for no apparent reason so we had to wait a day.



Friday, we bought a car. Thanks to everyone who helped with the BBQ dinner fundraiser at our church. We used the money to buy our ride here. It is a really good and reliable car- a 2004 Mazda 2 with only 30,000 miles. I finally got to drive on the opposite side of the car on the opposite side of the road. It actually came pretty easily to me. Of course I have been paying attention as David has been chauffeuring us around the Emerald Isle since we have been here.

Saturday, a few ladies from Indiana came in for a week to help us at the church (and see a few sites while they are here).

And now today, I am so excited to say that we had 26 people in church! That is our biggest crowd yet. I am praying that God will multiply the people of the church every service that we have. I know that we have the truth and the truth shall set you free! Everyone needs the truth!

Ashley McFarland and I "taught" Sunday school to five kids (including Elayna and Dawson). Well, you might say that we attempted to teach Sunday school to some wild kids who were attacking each other during singing and Bible story time. I'm definitely cut out for the older kids myself. And I believe that Ashley enjoys the very young babies/toddlers. We had a blast. I hope that the kids learned something. LOL. They probably did. Kids will really amaze you at how much they were really paying attention even if it seemed that they weren't. We'll see next week.

Oh, the weather here has been pretty cold. It feels like Louisiana Christmas time! We have been walking around singing Christmas songs.

It was brought to our attention that we didn't have any pictures of Caleb McFarland up on our blog. This is Caleb. Isn't he cute?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ireland is so beautiful. I love reading the blog but I cry everytime I read it. We miss ya'll so much!

ShirleyMc said...

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY, KRISS!!!!

Love you,
Mimi