Monday, July 28, 2008

On Asking Directions From An Irishman

He spake thus:

"Do you know where the Moira Roundabout is? Right then, well you wouldn't go that way. You'd go the other way up the Dromore Road to Roundabout Fifteen. There you take left and go about a mile until you come to a large hill. Go down the hill. Now when you come up the other side of that hill you'll be in town. Now I can't remember if it's the second light or the third light, but at one of the lights you'll see a stone fence. If you'll just take a wee right at the only road past that fence, you'll come to the train station and see a car park. Now you wouldn't park in that car park because it is much too dear. So if you'll circle back around to the other side of the train station, go back up the street you just came down and go completely around the roundabout, you'll see a free car park. The best thing to do would be to park there and walk back."

4 comments:

ShirleyMc said...

Kind of like a Cajun telling you to go over the bayou and past the crawfish pond...

David Saucer said...

Hello my friends the Bunches,

David Saucer here wishing you and your crew well. I woke early on Sunday morning with you and your family on my mind. I spent some time in prayer for your effort.

In our class, I instructed them to take time to lift all of you up in prayer. God gave me specifics for us to pray for and one by one each young person chose a specific target for prayer. I thought I may let you know what they were. 1. Favor in the community. 2. Unstoppable spirit. 3. Piercing faith. 4. Protective covering on each of you. 5. Fresh oil everyday.

I miss chatting with you on Sunday mornings.

We love all of you and miss you greatly.


Godspeed from the Saucer's and the CC group.

Sincerely,

David Saucer

Danan said...

Yeah...I think I could get there with those directions...lol...only kidding...

Hope you found your destination!

Love y'all...

Anonymous said...

that sounds about right but the further south you go in Ireland the worse the directions get!

Jonny