Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wonderful Week

We've had a great week here at Greater Life UPC. Wednesday night was "acoustic worship" with the guitar and we really had a great worship service. We really caught a wave of the Spirit and were all blessed in the worship service. Pastor Mac had asked me to preach, and I felt God wanted me to speak about pressing toward the mark - despite present obstacles. A great altar service finished out the evening.

Friday night we travelled down to Dublin to James and Eve Owens' home to begin the initial planning of the home group there. We had a great planning session, and of course, great food. Eve is Filipino, so she served us a delicious, traditional meal from the Philippines. Very soon, we'll have a vibrant home group going in Dublin!


Having a great meal and a great time at James and Eve's home.


James and Eve

Today (Sunday) we had our second Youth/Junior High Sunday School class. Farrah and I are teaching it and we had a blast. I think the kids did too! At various points today we had paper airplanes going, rapping of original poetry, and some artwork. And in the middle of all that we taught the truth of God's word that a relationship with Jesus Christ brings love, peace, and a sound mind. It strikes me that if you really break it down, those are the three things that this world is searching for most - and we know the Answer!

4 comments:

Real Men Love Jesus said...

Praise the Lord . There is nothing better then spreading the word to the lambs . Glad to see your an Farra's obedience to the Lord is producing such good work . Y'all are in our prayers every night . Can't wait to hear the testimonies when you come home for Christmas . Hopefully I will have some to share from the new youth group I am involved in . Know you can't wait to eat some real food (not Farra's ):-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dave!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DAVE..AVE..AVE..AVE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I SING SO MUCH BETTER IN PRINT THAN IN PERSON. DID YOU NOTICE HOW WELL I HELD THAT NOTE ON DAVE..AVE..AVE..AVE?
HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM AUNT VERNELL

Violet Carr Moore said...

Hello David & Farrah. This is Violet formerly from Denham Springs. I came to Pleasanton California to work as a home mission volunteer-still here. See my writer's blog at http://violetsvibes.blogspot.com or my website at www.carrtwins.com