Thursday, November 20, 2008

Good Things Happening; Exciting Week Coming Up

God continues to work in Ireland! For the last three services Pastor McFarland has been away taking care of some important things, so it was my turn again to bring the Word! I'm always amazed at how God always lights us up with the Word for the moment and then orchestrates the service to accomplish His work. Yea God!

On Sunday a family from Poland visited our church. They have little Christian background and spoke very limited English. It was a neat experience to get to know them a little and to start planting seed in their heart. We could tell they were touched by the service and the love from the church family.

And speaking of family, God directed me to speak to our families last night. In this critical moment in time, there has never been a more pressing need to build our families around Jesus Christ. The Scripture says that it was the wise man who built his house upon the rock. While everything in this world is being shaken, the homes that are built on the Rock are going to stand strong.

I shared with the church my memories of having "family devotion" as a child with my family every Monday night. And sometimes my mom would get particularly spiritual and take me and my brother through the house on a victory march! I can remember thinking, "if the kids at school could see me now...". But you know what? Here I am 20 years later and those moments have never left me. Now the challenge is mine to pass on to my children.

One final note, tomorrow we leave for a week in Scotland. We will be attending the district minister's meetings, visiting the Glasgow church and Bible School (Bro and Sis Robert Kelley pastor/missionary) and then spending Thanksgiving day with the Kelley's and other Americans in the district. It's going to be a great time. People keep using the words "visit" and "Edinburgh" and "castle" in the same context, whatever that's all about. : )

0 comments: