Saturday, February 7, 2009

Belfast

We arrived back in Belfast today. The flights were pretty much smooth. The only problem that we had is that Elayna cried/fussed for probably nearly 4 hours crossing the ocean. The only thing that I can imagine is that her ears must have been hurting her. Poor baby! She has never done that before. We need to start praying now that the trip back will be better.

It is great to see this beautiful country again. There was snow on the ground when we arrived. I asked one of the locals if it was unusual to have snow. She replied, "Oh yeah, we almost never get snow for Christmas. It only snows in Feb., March, and April." Whew! What a big reminder of our communication differences. I don't understand how you can speak the same language as someone else but still not be able to communicate! I mean, if you study that conversation, where did I go wrong? I just don't get it. Oh well. It is laughable though.

We are also very happy to see the McFarland's again. They are doing well. Sister Mac is feeling much better. She hasn't had any signs of a blood clot. We are believing that it is finally completely gone. Thank you Jesus!

We had kind of forgotten just how "at home" we feel here. We certainly will find ourselves "homesick" when we return to the states.

I should really be sleeping right about now. This blog might not even make sense! So, I'll post more later.

1 comments:

M. Scott Lankford said...

Hi David and Farrah... My name is Scott Lankford. David you may or may not remember me but we used to come visit your family years ago... My mom is Norma Willhoite Lankford. If your mom and dad are Claudine and David I think I have the right person. I stumbled upon your blog yesterday and didn't know how else to contact you, but I just want make a connection because I too am fascinated with the UK. I had a dream about Ireland some years ago and I have never forgotten it. After searching for the UPC in Ireland I found the March's blog then that led me to your blog. I would love to chat with you sometime. I stayed with the Kelley's for a month in '98 in Glasgow and in '94 went on a choir tour to parts of the UK, France, and Holland. I hope that all is well... it appears that you all are in Belfast as I write... not sure. We live in Napa, CA and assist in the church here and I am going back to school to become an RN. Someday my wife and I (we have a 6,Bryce, and a 4,Ella, by the way) would love to visit the UK together... we have some wonderful friends that live north of London. Anyway, don't mean to bore you with details, but just shoot me an email when you get a chance, I would love to chat with you! Many Blessings!

Scott
scottLank4d@mac.com or
shuttergumbo@gmail.com
cell (630)618-6340