Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tollymore Forest Park


Sunday after church, we took a group trip to Tollymore Forest Park. It is an awesome park at the foot of the Mourne Mountains. (We have a very distant view of these mountains from our house.)

Here are a few pictures of this unbelievably beautiful forest...to know that God created such a place! Really...the pictures don't even do it justice. And the ride there is incredible as you can imagine. Ireland is just a beautiful country.


Elayna enjoyed the park in her easy chair (actually...she slept through most of it).

David and Dawson had to have a walking cane made from the forest.



(By the way...most assume that it is beautiful here due to all the rain...not so...it is due to the great FRESH fertilizer that they have. Yeah...Kristen says that all picture books of Ireland should come with a scratch and sniff sticker. It does stink certain times of the year. And we just so happen to have arrived at that time of the year.)

Monday, we ran errands all day. Then, we visited with Shawna and the McFarland crew until late. Shawna had to leave today (Tuesday) to come back to the states early because her dad is in the hospital. Thank God he is doing much better! Please continue to pray for him. He may go home as soon as a week from now. And then Shawna will hopefully come back for the rest of the summer. We miss her already!

Today, we basically drove around Lurgan looking for a store that we didn't know the name of in order to find cheaper items in bulk. We didn't find it. But we did find Starbucks! Wahoo!

That's probably why I'm still up! It is 1:42AM here...so actually it is Wednesday for me and still Tuesday for you all back home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi guys, jonny (your neighbour) here. Can you send me an e-mail so that I can contact you that way? I'm trying to get a domestic appliance guy to come and plumb & wire in the washing machine. I guess e-mail and this blog are your only means of contact at the minute?

Anonymous said...

I love Elayna's hair with the pigtails! She has already grown since you guys have been gone. She looks like a big girl now.

Love all of you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!! After catching up on all the latest news, I'm extremely lonesome for all of you! Of course, I've been missing you all but I'm really lonesome now.

Steve and I are closer to getting our passports and hope to visit you all before Christmas! Yay!!

Your camera rocks, Farrah. I need one of those (wink). I've enjoyed all of the pictures!

Give the kids hugs and kisses for us!

Lots Of Love,
Aunt Sherie & Uncle Steve

Thoughts from my hands. said...

Hey Sis Farrah,
I know how it is to get in that frustrated stage. All you can see is the keys and your hands not working with you.lol I know God is going to bless you and Kristen emensly as you play for him. Believe me it looks a lot harder than it really is. I promise. When you are a pro. ( I will let you know if I ever get there.lol ) You will look back and say oh I was frustrated for nothing. Keep it up.
Love you guys,
Hannah

ShirleyMc said...

Hey, I saw the original Starbucks in Seattle - I took a picture just for y'all!

Anonymous said...

Visiting you on your blog is such a treat! The wild bunch (no pun intended) at Holden are praying for you. We share your joy and excitment knowing that he does all things well. Much love, Daniel & Gladys Ford