Thursday, August 14, 2008

Too Long

Whoa! It has been way too long since we last blogged. What have we being doing? Um, still cleaning the church property (inside and out), having church, and we have had a few get togethers.

Lynn and Kyle's son came home from Afghanistan (I think that is where he was). They had a welcome home party for Glynn.

Lynn's friend Susan had us all over to her house for Chinese as a send off for Shawna. That was really nice. They have visited our church a few times, but have a "home" church. I'm hoping that we'll become their home church!

Last night was Shawna's last service. She is leaving Friday. We are really going to miss her. The thing that I feel the worst about is knowing how much it must hurt to have to leave the place that you know to which God has called you.

I don't even think about when our appointment ends. That is too stressful. I don't believe that God sent us here for only 9 months. We are really believing that we are going to have enough support to send us right back here to keep working.

Anyway, Shawna leaves tomorrow and we will miss her!

Nathaniel leaves next week. Then, Brother McFarland comes home! Then, Steve and Sherie fly in for a visit. And then, Sister McFarland and their daughter Shawna is due to come in the next week. We are keeping the airports busy around here for the next 5 weeks.

This is awful...someone stole David's bank card number. They spent $2,200 at the mall and Wal-mart. Customer service says that it has been on the news back in the states that someone steals your number when you make a purchase somewheres and then they go and makes a card with that number. I think that they should be doubly in trouble because they stole money that is being used for God's kingdom!

Keep Kim in your prayers. She is my sister for all practical purposes. Her parents are my 2nd mom and dad. They are my unofficially adopted family. Kim is pregnant and has been put on strict bed rest due to high blood pressure. She still has 8 weeks (I think) before the baby is due.

If you are one of our supporters, we would like to email you our monthly newsletter. Please email farrahlabunch@yahoo.com to get on our email list. Thanks!

Lots of love!

3 comments:

Lenea McMahon said...

It has been too long since you last blogged. I love to keep up with things that ya'll are doing. I miss ya'll. Kiss the babies for me.

Sid and Lenea, Tiffanie, Tyler and Trace McMahon

Anonymous said...

I'm back in the USA :(
I just arrived in Atlanta - and I'm gonna get a real Coca-Cola :)
I miss you all already!

Love,
Shawna

Vicki said...

hey, enjoyed catching up again - I have been off bloggerville since Timo's sickness.

We had $14,000 worth of airline tickets purchased on Tremayne's credit card in June - what a shocker that was!